Are you ever scared of losing your phone? Scared someone’s going to steal it? If you are and you have an Android phone, I’ve got a great solution for you. It’s an app called Cerebrus.
It’s kind of like a “Locate my iDevice” type of service but on steroids. Fortunately, I don’t have any first hand experience using the app in a real situation, but from what I’ve used so far, it’s a really powerful app. You can control your phone through their website or by sending text messages.
Here’s some of the features from the app description:
- Locate and track it
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
- Lock the device with a code
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
- And much more!
If you ever try and steal my phone, I’ll know exactly what you’re doing with it ;).
It’s a free app which gives you a free trial period, after that you need to pay a one time subscription fee of about $4. In my opinion it’s well worth it!